LG Electronics is one of the largest manufacturers and developers of home appliances, electronics and mobile devices. The main office is in Seoul (South Korea). The corporation was founded in 1958 (the original name of the company – GoldStar). Manufacturer of the first Korean radio, refrigerator, black and white TV, air conditioning, washing machine.
LG Electronics has 114 employees in 114 companies (including 82 subsidiaries) in various countries around the world.
LG Electronics has five divisions:
· LG Home Entertainment (for the production of digital home entertainment equipment) – specializes in LCD and plasma TVs, home theater systems, Blu-ray players, audio components, video players and more.
· LG Home Appliance (for the production of household appliances) – designs and manufactures vacuum cleaners, refrigerators, washing machines, microwave ovens and other household appliances.
· LG Air Conditioning (for the production of air conditioners) – specializes in home and commercial air conditioners, heating and ventilation systems, as well as network management systems for home appliances HomNet.
· LG Mobile Communications – develops and manufactures mobile phones and mobile computers.
· LG Business Solutions (for the production of equipment for business) – is engaged in the design and production of digital equipment in the B2B sector (“business for business”): LCD monitors, displays for advertising, security systems, etc.
In 1996, LG Electronics opened a representative office in Ukraine, which specializes in the export of consumer electronics to Ukraine and provides information support for products.